Introducing the 8" Domet Flannel Buffing Wheel in white.
This 8" domet flannel buffing wheel is designed to be used on a portable angle grinder. This buffing wheel is used during the finishing step of the polishing process. It is recommended that the blue polishing compound is used during this stage with this wheel.
Airway Buffing Wheels For Metal Polishing
Our Airway Buffing Wheels are made by using different mill treatments and fabric construction methods to create wheels of various stiffness levels to be used on different metals. Orange And Yellow are typically designed for use on aluminum while our Red and Pink treatments are designed for use on stainless steel. Our UBM and Flannel wheels are designed for a final finish and can be used for both aluminum or stainless steel.
Generally speaking, our Airway Buffing Wheels should be run at the following speeds:
First Stage/ "Cut" Stage: 3,000 to 3,500 RPM
- Orange Wheel + Brown Compound for Aluminum
- Red Wheel + Black Compound for Steel
Second Stage/ "Color" Stage: 2,200 to 2,800 RPM
- Yellow Wheel + Green Compound for Aluminum
- Pink Wheel + Yellow Compound for Steel
- Purple Wheel + Blue or White Compound
Third Stage/ "Finish" Stage: 1,800 to 2,200 RPM
- Flannel or UBM Wheel + Purple Bar for both Aluminum and Steel